Wednesday, April 27, 2005

A Deep Icky In My Stomach

Argh! Need Soul Bleach!

I know Dennis Miller is no longer necessarily the guy I remember from the Saturday Night Live "news" or the "Off White Album". I tried keeping up with the show on HBO. I bought the damn "Rants" book. I watched with amusement as he attempted to "color" football. I tuned in to the occasional MSNBC broadcast. I know he's done commercial voice-over (and spot) work. But, tonight, I heard him voice-over a L'Oreal ad (for men!). On some level, "glad he's still working (?!)", but, shilling for moisturizer? I don't even have anything snarky to say here except: it was a spot break during "The Daily Show". Dennis, do we really need to point out how much better Jon Stewart does the newsdesk thing than you did? And I was a loyal fan as a teenager. Cetainly not that you needed to keep doing the same damn thing, but, dude, what the hell happened? If "maturity" or family or whatever changes you point of view that drastically, then I'm having none of it.

That said, how much is commercial voice-over paying these days? I'm told I'm very articulate.

And I need money.


Shout Out!

Hello to Ernie's 3D Pancakes . Thanks for linking! Hello folks thanks for visiting!

I enjoyed your "Worst Math Answer EVAR" post. I will be inflicting the problem on my kids to see what they can do with it. I just tried showing to Mr. Scoop right now and it made him very angry. Of course, he's been drinking and doesn't remember rules for exponents in equations.

2 comments:

Lance Manion said...

I lost all respect for Dennis Miller when he was infected by spores from the Limbaugh creature.

He must be stopped. In the immortal words of Corporal Dwayne Hicks, Colonial Marines, "We could dust off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

Jeff Erickson said...

Hey, we over-educated self-satisfied blowhards need to take care of our skin, too!

(Hi back!)