Monday, June 13, 2005

I Blackout...

...again, and again and again.

*sigh*



Not from alcohol.

I know. I'm as shocked as you.

For the 2nd time in the last week, we've lost power due to some whim of NSTAR.
After several days of high 80s to low 90s, someone looked at their air conditioning unit funny and shorted a circuit.

But, I live in New England. I hear tell that if I don't like the weather, I should just wait a minute.

Lies.

Things To Do In Waltham If You're Dead. Or Bored During A Blackout.

Mr. Scoop has made it very clear that the next time I lose power - at twilight he wants a light saber duel in the parking lot.



He wants us to acquire the light sabers that make the appropriate noises and have reasonable heft and weight in the palm of one's hand.

I want ones that make lots of noise and keep the neighbors from telling us how they're transplants from Montana; how the alarm keeps going off in their . building; and how, if they get too close, maybe - just maybe, they might lose a hand. Just like Luke Skywalker.

However, I'm not telling anyone I'm their father unless I can write it off immediately on my taxes.

1 comment:

Latigo Flint said...

Just make sure you and the Mr take pictures. Lots of pictures. And don't worry, I believe real light sabers self-cauterize any inflicted wounds.