Thursday, August 25, 2005

Nippoless Nippleby

Nope! You won't find a nipple anywhere on me! Once upon a time there was an independent movie theater in Waterville, Maine. Once upon a time it showed edgy movies like "Last Exit To Brooklyn" and "Delicatessen". As far as I know, it still might: Railroad Square Cinema.

When I was a senior in college, it screened an animation festival. Among the animation shorts brought to us by "Spike and Mike" was a four minute short called "Nippoless Nippleby". Nippoless lacked, um, nipples. However, he had other...attributes.

Yes, it was a four minute animated dick joke.

I thought this was the best four minutes of animation ever. In 1992.

I've recently acquired a copy of the short (plus other adult oriented animated shorts by DNA Productions). DNA would go on to bring the world the kid-friendly animated production, Jimmy Neutron.

Jimmy Neutron got nominated for an "Oscar" (Best Animated Feature category...I think it lost to "Shrek").

I bet Jimmy. has nipples. And. a dick.

5 comments:

Lightning Bug's Butt said...

There are too many dick jokes in the world.

Come to think of it, there are too many dicks, too!

Lance Manion said...

You can never have too many dick jokes. If the apocalypse were coming and I could save only one book, it would be "The Monster-Sized Encomium O'Dick Jokes". Seriously.

Dave Morris said...

It must be awesome to be a cartoon character. At times you can have a regular or small dick, when you're doing someone like Olive Oil... but when you need something more you can just have your dick re-drawn HUGE to satisfy a Betty Rubble.

Latigo Flint said...

God Amandarama, I was going to comment, something beyond witty, I was. But then I ended up staring at your looped animation of "Typing Himself to Death Guy" for just about four and a half hours.

The Fight Guy said...

Nippoless! OMG, and memories of a happier, prouder, more-highly-intoxicated time come flooding back...

You actually found a copy of that? I bow low in your general direction! Tell me, is it as funny now as we all remember it being..?