Monday, August 08, 2005

An Object At Rest Cannot Be Stopped!






This is the pizza I made last night to eat while we watched a marathon of "The Tick" and "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" and drank lots of this:



The pizza was a gourmet tour d' force, if I do say so myself. Fried potatoes and pepperoni anchored by sharp cheddar cheese. Topped with mussels steamed in wine and a garlic and saffron cream sauce. Damn fine, serious pizza for not particularly serious people. Mr. Scoop feared the pizza, initially, until he tasted it. Then he pronounced it yummy and an excellent booze soak to boot.

The beverages for the evening were fairly high octaine. The wine, Las Rocas, clocks in at 14 percent alcohol. I drank two bottles. This morning I feel as though someone shit in my head, but I had fun last night and that's what counts, isn't it. Isn't it?! Look, don't make me come over there. I'll cut you.

You may remember the Las Rocas from The Great Wine Experiment.

The beer, Arrogant Bastard Ale, is described by it's maker thusly:


It is one of the best ales created on the face of the planet. It has a 7.2 ABV. Mr. Scoop also awoke somewhat damaged this morning. He decided to counter the damage by making breakfast. We had omlettes.

Mr. Scoop makes a mean omlette. First he whips up the eggs in the tin cup his parents gave him to sell pencils out of when he announced that he wanted to make his living by telling dick jokes to the masses:



Then he adds bacon, ham, pepperoni and cheddar cheese.

Action Cooking Shot!

You may have noticed Mr. Scoop has no head in these pictures. He ranted at me while I was taking them about "celebrity" and "dignity" and something about a stalker. All I know is it's important not to piss off a guy in the throes of a viscious hangover who has a sharpened 8 inch chef's knife within easy reach. I enjoy having fingers. I use them to do stuff, like drink.

Anyway, the finished product looked like this:

Meat Feast!

It was excellent. It was meaty. It was feasty. It was a Meat Feast of an omlette if ever there was such a thing. I threw some hot sauce on there and dug in. I am now patiently awaiting the blessed food coma that I know will follow.

Let the healing begin.

10 comments:

Lance Manion said...

Okay, three problems here:

1. Your pizza has steamed mussels on it.

2. Your pizza has no cubic spicy meat topping.

3. Your pizza has steamed mussels on it.

I realize that items 1 and 3 are the same, but the problem is so glaring that I feel it warranted additional mention.

Next thing you know there's going to be corn, or monkey penises, or some other abomination on your pizza.

Good luck with the hangover!

Amandarama said...

No, no. I'll leave corn on pizza to the British. They're whacky like that.

The mussels were good, dammit! Especially with the pepperoni and the saffron.

Ok. I need more aspirin...

Rob Seifert said...

I followed you back from Dave's Window. When I saw the gif of the dood beating his head against the computer, I damn near fell out of my chair laughing and probably woke at least one of the kids up from their nap. I made or delivered pizza for a living for 16 years and I still love it. Wine and beer, I had a love affair with them years ago but alas, that was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away... Thanks for the laugh.

RCS

Lance Manion said...

Yeah, whatever. Why do you hate America you freakin' communist?

Amandarama said...

RCS - Thanks for visiting! Enjoy the site :)

Lance - Is it naptime? Does somebody need a nap?

Dave Morris said...

Still trying to imagine saffron on a 'zza. Just doesn't compute for me. Although the steamed mussels don't sound TOO bad.

Best pizza for the money? Totinos. Especially drunk. With shit added to the top, like more cheese and hamburger and whatever else you can find in the fridge.

Blog ho said...

i am sick w/ jealousy. the food looks good, i love the tick and also love athf. and alcohol. i love it. please don't forget to invite me next time you go wild with food and good tv. and alcohol. or just alcohol.

Amandarama said...

Dave - We don't have a Totinos here. The local place down the street is pretty good though. I like their buffalo chicken pizza,

Ho - I'll keep you in mind the next time there is a food and booze fest.

Ari said...

Damn... I'm 3 posts into my blogreading catchup and already the tales of you and Scoop's culinary concoctions are making me hungry.

Someday, the Tasting Keyboard will be invented.

Anonymous said...

scarpe Hogan athletic shoes are basic and most renowned product of the company. The peak quality, best performance, high tech hogan donna athletic shoes and Hogan scarpe uomo Sneakers are widely used in all over the world. Hogan uomo offers specific athletic shoes for different sports like baseball, football, tennis, basketball, golf, soccer, swim etc.