Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Cataloging My Life So My Brain Cells Won't Have To

Have a look at this picture:


This past Saturday I caught the first sign of fall here in my town - the one tree that's decided to start turning, even though all the others around it are steadfastly staying green. At first you marvel at how pretty the colors are, but then you hope that the others don't change too soon. Turning leaves only lead to increased traffic of gawking tourists choking up the roadways. And tourist-y leaf gawking season eventually leads to that season where everyone disappears and there are no leaves on the trees. I don't mean Armageddon. I mean winter. And my car hates winter more than it hates idling behind a slack-jawed, incessantly photograph taking, driving 20 miles per hour in a 45 mile per hour zone out-of-towner.



And, see this picture?


This is a Scorpion "Bowl" for one.

Drinking 3 of them is the equivalent of having a regular size Scorpion Bowl. The reason this picture is blurry is because I took it after drinking three of them. It is also one-ninth of the reason I woke up still drunk the next day. Going out drinking with my mother seems to do that to me.

Those are the highlights of my weekend that I can remember.

3 comments:

Dave Morris said...

I'm guessing after a few of those, they would actually LOOK like that. What's in 'em???

Ithiel said...

agreed, what praytell goes into this scorpion bowl of which you speak?

Amandarama said...

Dave and ithiel: Rum Lots of rum. Of the Bacardi 151 variety. The rest of it is made of Pink. Literally.