Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday...



Love that dirty water...To begin with, the Ladies' Room of my favorite Irish bar smells like Big Red gum and mold. At the beginning of the day, more fake cinnamon. Later in the day, more mold.

I know this because we spent about 5-6 hours there today.

After last night's "to the wall" marathon of booze and general debauchery, punctuated by threats of restraining orders, we rolled out of bed at a respectable 10:55 AM.

On my suggestion, we went to the local Irish pub for breakfast. It was filling and good. Then we took a walk by the river and meandered over to the comic book store.

At the store, I was disturbed to note that such a creature as "Elektra Barbie" exists.

I understand that we're trying to teach our girls that you can be anything you want to be, but really - an assassin for hire?

Is there going to be a "Daredevil Ken"?

I'm very disturbed by this.

Barbie and Ken realize that they can have all the ninja properties they want and it won't save them from me backing over them with my car on general principle, right?

As long as we're clear on that.

So, we went back to the Irish pub with this week's take of comics in hand and then spent the next four and a half hours there.

I read the last "House of M" (issue 8) and have a theory about where it's going to go.

I suspect the return of Jean Grey and the Phoenix.

And I'd call someone to ask, but, as I learned last night, they get really mad when you call all unsolicited and stuff.

3 comments:

Lance Manion said...

You know what the most shocking thing Marvel could do with the X-men is? Not have the return of Jean Grey and the Phoenix Seriously, she comes back more often than my genital warts.

Crud. I over-shared again, didn't I?

Rob Seifert said...

I boggled over the Electra Barbie too...

RCS

Dave Morris said...

I miss the simple days when Barbie and Ken would make sweet, sweet love in a shoe box in my neighbor girl's bedroom while she and I watched.