Wednesday, February 01, 2006

High Crimes And Misdemeanors

Crack it open and it's like a Cadbury Egg full of booze!

I'm singing along to Madonna's "Like a Prayer" right now. I'm not even drunk. There's something very wrong with me.

At least as far as I know I'm not drunk. And as far as we all know the Jack Daniels truck that kept playing leapfrog with me on the highway made it safely to its scheduled destination and was not forced off the road, its driver forced to unload its cargo while under the impression that a travel curling iron was a .38, and its contents placed in the back of a dilapidated Corolla looking vehicle from the early 90s that appeared to be held together with duct tape and Bondo.

As far as we all know.

Damn you, sobriety.

____________________________________________________________

President panders to anti-manimal lobby! Dr Moreau flees country in rage!

So, I was turned on to this particular link courtesy of Reverend Tim. Now, I dozed off to the State Of The Union address last night. What with the not drinking, I needed something. to sedate me, afterall. So, I missed this little Dubya tidbit:

"Tonight I ask you to pass legislation to prohibit the most egregious abuses of medical research, human cloning in all its forms, creating or implanting embryos for experiments, creating human-animal hybrids, and buying, selling or patenting human embryos."


Human-animal hybrids? When did this happen? My God it's true. It's just like Dr. Venkman predicted; soon dogs and cats will. be living together. And it'll be a male dog and a male cat, trying to get a marriage license and looking to adopt Jo-Jo the Dogfaced Boy, fresh from his petri dish at Star Labs.

There goes the neighborhood. There goes the moral fabric of American society.

I recommend reading Pharyngula's take on this. Bush is trying to whip his religious right wing supporters up into a frothing frenzy by making some good science seem like an attempt to release Monster Men upon the country, when it's really research intended to help individuals with disorders like Down Syndrome.

Hey, maybe he just doesn't want to be cured.


1 comment:

Lightning Bug's Butt said...

I was jamming some Madonna MP3s yesterday. And I actually was intoxicated.