Monday, April 24, 2006

Dead Babies Aren't Much Fun...

...Although Sometimes They Can Make A Lovely, Commemorative Keepsake...

Mummified Baby Handed Down As "Heirloom"; Police Investigate

Ok.  This is a doll.  Check out this site: http://www.susanscustomcreepydolls.com/
CONCORD, N.H. --A mummified baby that's belonged to a local family for decades is being investigated by the state attorney general's office...Charles Peavey, 41, said the tiny preserved corpse has been passed down in his family since it was discovered among his great-great uncle's possessions in a Manchester attic..."My friends at work say that even though this is not weird to me, I have to understand that it is weird to other people," he said. "But for me, it's something tangible to hold on to from my great-great uncle."



If your friends..."at work"...have to explain to you that it's weird to other people.. to keep a dead baby around for sentimental value, then they'd probably be really disturbed to find out what you've been doing with those dead hookers. But, that's just a guess.

"New Hamphshire: Live Free or Die...And Be Passed Down For Generations To Come"

The best part is that he was ratted out by his own 4 year-old niece.

Investigators got word of the remains after Peavey's 4-year-old niece was overheard telling another child that her uncle was a killer and had a dead baby.


Damn. Out of the mouths of (unmummified) babes.

Oh, and the picture? That's not really the dead baby (sorry). That's from Susan's Custom Creepy Dolls. Apparently, she's an ex-mortician and taxidermist looking to give Barbie a run for her money. Her creations include frightening Ooompa Loompas and Donner Party Snowglobes. I wish I was kidding.

Technorati Tags: , ,

5 comments:

Miss Sassy said...

Wow.
And we are complaining that people should have to keep every child conceived.
No matter what.

Sounds like a new booming business - mummify instead!!

Miss Sassy said...

How did I get first comment!!!
Lucky day for me - except the sight of that freaky doll.

blech ::shudder and gag::

Lightning Bug's Butt said...

That's just morbid.

Dave Morris said...

You know about the hookers?

Mom of Three said...

Geez, and I thought I had it bad because of that stupid Bradford Exchange clown plate my husband got from his grandma.