Thursday, April 27, 2006

It's Like Hanson, But Stupider



This was brought to my attention via the blog of Bitch, Ph.D:



Apparently it's a viral marketing campaign for MTV EspaƱa parading as some conservative group called Asociacion Nuevo Renacer. The slogan in the header of the website translates to something like "Young People With Principles, You Are Not Alone!" (I guess - I teach Latin, afterall). One of the sections on the website gives tips on how to be a good father by, among other things, not letting your kid watch MTV after 9pm. I would like to tell you more about this, but every damn site (except for this little blurb) I've found on this has been in Spanish and I can't seem to get either Google or Bablefish to translate the damn site. So, you know as much as I do right now.

Just watch the video and marvel at what appears to be the Latino version of Urkel times four. Just put away any sharp objects first. Consider turning it into a drinking game by doing off a shot everytime the couples do something "wholesome". I don't care if it's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek; I've never seen a video that has made me think that Wham! actually rocked in comparison. Until now.

I need to go funnel some Drano.


Technorati Tags: , , ,

1 comment:

Latigo Flint said...

That is probably the greatest, most wonderful thing I have ever seen.

I'd write more except that it has just completely changed my life, and how can you possibly express that in words.