Sunday, June 18, 2006

This Is My Boom Stick

And by "my" I mean Piglet's.

Pooh gives honey to the infidels.  I've seen it!

Turkish TV Denies Piglet Ban.











He's the other white meat and that makes him not kosher for Islamic TV...so to speak.

"Turkey's public broadcaster has denied reports that it has banned the popular Walt Disney cartoon "Winnie the Pooh" because one of the main characters in the show is a piglet...In a statement carried by the Anatolia news agency, TRT said it had acquired the exclusive right to broadcast Walt Disney's cartoons and movies in Turkey but added, "the Walt Disney materials have not been acquired yet... (and) therefore the cartoon 'Winnie the Pooh' does not exist in TRT records and archives". Islam regards pigs as unclean and prohibits the consumption of pork."


And I thought the reason I couldn't find a copy of Animal Farm in Istanbul was that the godless Communist agenda of the pigs in the ruling class offended Allah.

Well. Now I know.

And that's one to grow on.

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

6 comments:

Lightning Bug's Butt said...

This is the most brilliant political commentary I've read in a long time:

nd I thought the reason I couldn't find a copy of Animal Farm in Istanbul was that the godless Communist agenda of the pigs in the ruling class offended Allah.

Violet said...

Funny! I guess the pink elephants on parade in "Dumbo" are okay...

Latigo Flint said...

Ash rules.

"Good, bad. I'm the one with the gun."

"Give me some sugar baby."

Ari said...

Ash does rule.

Maybe it's nothing to do with politics, and in Turkey they just want to endorse their namesake white meat, and not that Other One.

(The word verification was fjihd! Kinda like jihad! weird!)

Lance Manion said...

I've really enjoyed this post. The ten days since it appeared have been a great opportunity to study the fine craftsmanship behind it. Oh yes. I hope it stays up for at least another fortnight.

Amandarama said...

LBB - Why, thank you!

Violet - I'm actually not sure if pink elephants are ok. I think the same rules that prohibit pork also prohibit booze...that leads to the pink elephants!

Latigo - Shop smart! Shop S-mart!

Ari - It's true. Ash does rule.

Lance - Now, let's be fair. You've had dry spells on your blog too. I like to think this post matured like a rare cheese. Or maybe it was just stinky.