Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Where The Wild Things Will Be...



Mmmmmmmmmm! Red wine!

This is one of those weird evenings. I've been drinking far too much Grenache, far too late. Win Amp is assaulting me with "shit I've forgotten that I've downloaded", so I'm getting clips of Anthony Stewart Head's cover of "Behind Blue Eyes" from the Where The Wild Things Are eppy of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and clips from Eddie Izzard and Richard Pryor. Intellectually, I recognize that I should go to bed. I've got to be up at 5 AM and I'm at the bottle and a half mark. Tomorrow is going to be a hard dollar. I have small children to attend to in the morning. I keep this up and they're going to wonder why I smell like Daddy...or their weird Aunt Wanda. The one who doesn't usually get up until sometime around 3 in the afternoon and generally avoids solid food.

And, tomorrow, I go to Nerd Prom. I'll be in San Diego, kiddies. I'll be the one staggering about with the "kill me" expression on my face. Not because I don't want to be there. It'll be the colossal hangover I'm anticipating. Frankly, you'd be better off avoiding Mr. Scoop than me. He's bought a case of nicotine gum for the occasion. Mostly for the plane ride, but also so's to not stab people who ask dumb questions when we're 2 hours into a Q and A with Seth Green, Bruce Campbell or Kevin Smith. He likes to believe that they'll appreciate it. I personally take the position that if it's a really dumb question, then a stabbing is a public service. But, what do I know?

Oh, and did I mention Mr. Scoop has purchased a flask in order to smuggle whiskey into events? I'm not sure whether this is a good or a bad thing. However, the idea of an inebriated Mr. Scoop leaping onto a display table shrieking "Suck my justice, Trekkie!" is appealing to me on a lot of levels.

We'll try to blog you from lock-up, I guess.



Technorati Tags: , , , ,

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't think why, but I'm suddenly picturing you seizing the microphone from some stammering Dr. Frink-esque fanboy and launching into a tirade flowing roughly along the lines of the famous William Shatner "Get a Life" SNL sketch, but at greater length, with much more vehemence and far saltier language.

Anonymous said...

nerd prom?!?

luckeeeee....

Anonymous said...

Set phazers to violate. And pick me up a pulse rifle. And get some pictures of the cabalist from Hellgate London.

Anonymous said...

Flask = always a good thing. Always... always. "The flask is my friend." Say that 100 times right now, I'll wait.

Anonymous said...

And to think, it all started with a Call of Cthulhu game in my kitchen...

Anonymous said...

Ohhh!!! I love geek conventions!! Especially if Kevin and Bruce and Seth will be there!!

Fucked-up screenings of Bubba-Ho-Tep are the BEST, and I speak from experience there. Have a blast!