Monday, August 07, 2006

Rosé Outlook


If you asked me to go shoe shopping with you, I'd say yes.

However, the first thing I would do when I got you alone near a pair of spike-y Manolo Blahniks is to drive a stilleto heel into your eye. As security dragged me out kicking and screaming, I'd claim I was high from huffing Chanel No. 5 perfume at the make-up counter and that I couldn't really account for my actions.

I guess I'm just not very girly.

But, I do loves me some good pink champagne.

Ok, technically it's really "Rosé". It's pinkish because of dark pigments from the grape skins and not from Red Dye No. 5 (which will also allow you to allege that you can't account for your actions if you huff enough of it...or so I've been told).

This evening's Brut Rosé is Crémant de Bourgogne Rosé Maison Vitteaut-Alberti (the site has frames, so just click on the appropriate booze link). It is very dry, with a little hint of vanilla and a whole lot of bubble. It went very well with the contents of my refrigerator, as tonight was "nuke the leftovers night" here at Chez Scoop. Wine should serve two purposes - to heighten the dining experience and get you buzzed. This is filling both roles admirably.

It was the last bottle in the store too. When I asked the nice man in the store if this was the last one, he said that as far as he knew it was. Then he tried to talk me into buying a $50 bottle of Champagne sitting next to this one. Turns out he didn't work for the store, but was a liquor rep checking his products out as he was passing through. So he didn't really work there. And apparently, he didn't seem to care that he was trying to talk a store patron who was wearing cut-off jeans, sneakers and an "Arkham Asylum Athletic Dept." t-shirt into spending two and a half times more on a bottle of booze than what she was willing to spend.

So, I stabbed him in the eye with the broken end of the $50 bottle of wine and, when security dragged me out of the store kicking and screaming, claimed I was high from huffing blue cheese fumes from the tasting in the back and couldn't account for my actions.

I'm just not very girly.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only have about ten pairs of shoes; I only wear about four of them on a regular basis.

1 pair of running shoes
1 pair of black flats
1 pair of black heels (definitely not spiked)
1 pair of brown kind-of-in-between shoes

I'm not very girly, either.

Anonymous said...

I find that Pierre Sparr does an excellent cremant d'alsace rose for about $15. Of course, if you're willing to drop fifty, I'd drop a couple more and go with the Billecart Salmon, but that's just me.

I'm also not very girly. I think it's because of the testicles.