Wednesday, August 02, 2006

So, You've Got Thousands Of Dollars You'd Like To Capriciously Spend...On Me...


Apparently "forever" has been over-rated


NEW YORK (Reuters) - Diamonds are no longer a girl's best friend, according to a new U.S. study that found three of four women would prefer a new plasma TV to a diamond necklace.


Well. Duh.

But then I'm a big fan of electronics as gifts over jewelry. I can wear a pretty pair of earrings or a necklace on nice occasions. I can enjoy 6.1 DTS surround sound on a larger than life DLP screen on a daily basis. And, yeah, I said DLP. That shit'll last forever. Plasma will burn out in 10 years. I'm talking value for money. If you can't sort out your electronics before you gift them to me, you may as well just buy me the damn diamond.

Technorati Tags: , , ,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine watching Baywatch on that beotch.

I'd hope the actors all waxed before filming.

Anonymous said...

All I do with jewelery is lose it.

I think I could hold onto a plasma tv, though.

Anonymous said...

There's an African tribe who wear Plasma TV earings instead of Diamond earings. Over time their earlobes become distended in proportion to the size and cost of the plasma TVs. Therefore massively distended ear lobes are considered attractive status symbols, a little like Massively distended breasts are in countries where breast enlargement is expensive. The daughters of the professional and business classes often have such large plasma tv earing that they have to drag them along the ground. The magasines of this tribe are full of pictures of such youg women, and men often retire to secluded places to study such pictures in privacy

Anonymous said...

Whatever helga's on, I want me some.

Anonymous said...

think any guy would be opposed to buying me one of these instead of a diamond ring for our engagement?
He'd probably move in the day he gave it to me... maybe he'd work things out with me more fervently too...
you're certainly on to something here dear...