Saturday, March 31, 2007

Where They All Know Your Name...

Is it a bad thing that the local sushi joint Mr. Scoop and I frequent have started to address me by my first name while serving me (yes, I think they got it off they credit card.)?

It is excellent food and service. The first name thing is just creepy. And it's mine. Not Mr. Scoop's. They know him, but not his name. Just mine. It's weird and creepy. That's all.


-----------------------------------------------

Oh, and via Bitch, Ph. D.:

Lamest Excuse For Being a Suck Ass Student...Ever...

"You do not seem to care about our grades only that they are up to your too high standards and I can not talk to you because you make me completely uncomfortable. For example, you say you will talk to us about our grades but you really will not because of how uncomfortable you make me feel with your words and what you say."


Read the rest of his lame excuse for sucking ass as a student here.

Frankly, I've been praying for this kind of silly lack of academic ownership in my classroom for a while now. Mostly because humiliating a kid in front of his peers is amusing and doesn't involve a lot of my brain.

4 comments:

Tense Teacher said...

My favorite sushi joint now says, "That not what you order all the time" if I deviate from my usual... You think I get sushi too often?

Ari said...

Ooo, I HATE being addressed by my first name like that. They do that at some grocery stores around here, and I always want to say, "GREAT, now my stalker on lane 8 knows my name!" Most of the time, I couldn't care less if they even talk to me at the places I frequent. Just leave me alone until I need something.

And I think complaints such as those are the main reason why teaching people over the age of 12 sucks. It's just a lot of blah blah blah to say, "I'm a lazy spoiled child. Why won't you just give in to me like my parents always did???!?!?!"

Dave Morris said...

Our favorite sushi place knows exactly what we'll order, both food AND drink.

As for the rest of the post, I can't imagine the frustration you must feel being a teacher. Violet tells me stories I can't believe...

Violet said...

Dave took my comment.