Thursday, December 13, 2007

Scoop's Sense of Snow (and Failure)

So, this is what today's big snow storm looked like in my area about two and half hours after it started snowing today. I'd like to point out that there was no snow on the ground (for the most part) this morning. Snow has been falling at a rate of between 1 and 2 inches per hour. At 6:30 there was about 8 inches on the ground. I think that's more snow than fell all of last winter.






Here's another shot. As you can see, snow plowing of the streets is not a high priority for my community. That big brick building is an elementary school. It's not like the kids will need to go to school or anything tomorrow.

Wait. Does that mean tomorrow will be a snow day? Maybe. Will it be a snow day for me? Well, that will depend on several factors including, but not limited to, the degree of my hangover tomorrow at 5am.

Oh, and we're supposed to get hit with a Nor'Easter Saturday night into Sunday that might drop another foot of snow on us. I'm so pleased I have a warm squishy feeling in my pants. Pray the pipes don't freeze before I get to doing the laundry.

2 comments:

Lightning Bug's Butt said...

I love real-life snow pics.

So what are you drinking tonight?

Ari said...

MAN I wish it would do that here. It sucks having to go to school the last week before Christmas.