Wednesday, July 22, 2009

In Which We Have Arrived In San Diego

Good morning, internets.

We have arrived in San Diego. When I woke up this morning, it was to the clanging of the umpteenth train to roll through the vicinity since we got into our room last night at 8:30pm. I think when Steven Tyler and company came up with the idea for "Train Kept A Rollin'" it wasn't about all night sex with a beautiful woman. I think they were trying to get some sleep in downtown San Diego and the woman is actually a metaphor for the rail system of greater San Diego County.

Mr. Scoop was already up when I awoke. I know this because, in response to the train he was standing on the adjoining balcony shouting, "Good morning, San Diego! Check out my wang!" I gently reminded him that, although several bail bondsmen's offices are in walking distance from our hotel, I was of the opinion that it is rather too early in our trip to need to avail ourselves of them. He reluctantly came inside.

We are shortly going to go forth in search of Vicodin whiskey food. It has also come to our attention that nearby there is a deli with a liquor store inside. San Diego is a magical place where you can buy booze at CVS. I come from a Puritan land where they have only in the past few years allowed our fair citizens to buy booze on a Sunday in a liquor store.

Pray for us.

No comments: